IT and Documentation Consultants
We see our roles as being team players, by improving the skills of
those around us. We enjoy assisting our clients in meeting the needs, and being a part of their extended enterprise. We are there to help, from getting a server back on-line to assisting with
effective document writing. Our thinking is generally not constrained by the many boxes in our industries. We will work with you and think outside "the box" as appropriate.
Types of work:
- system upgrades and migrations
- assisting with covering IT staff gaps such as vacation, training, jury duty, etc..
- preventative maintenance of computer systems and networks
- new systems implementations
- quick tip documents, intranet documents, and other reference materials
- project management and business analysis
- training documentation
- custom training of staff
- assisting with documenting policies, procedures, guidelines, etc...
- management duties that you don't have the time to deal with.
How we can assist you in meeting you business needs:
- Do you need someone to assist with some of those management tasks that are keeping you too busy. You
donít have enough to keep someone busy full time or donít require someone on a set schedule. Why not
think of setting up something with us.
- Have you thought about the continuity of your data, not just after a disaster but even after that hostageware
or simple human error?
- Are you being overwhelmed with your system logs?
- Are you just letting logs/reports pile up and not reviewing them? What could you be missing?
- Do you need someone to be that IT Manager type person but donít have a large enough environment to
justify a full time position?
We typically work with small and medium size business.
Who We Are
- 25+ years IT experience, primarily integration/support with a love for solving problems complex systems.
- A focus on Micro Focus (formerly Novell) based systems such as OES, GroupWise, eDir, IDM, etc.. (CNE 5 & 6+)
- Project implementations and systems life-cycle support
- Participated in numerous Novell specific events: First Classes, Boot Camps, Advanced Technical Training, BrainShare
- Contributions to Micro Focus technical databases (TIDs, Cool Solutions, Wiki, & the forums)
- A Micro Focus Knowledge Partner (formerly known as SysOps) who can be found regularly in the GroupWise and OES forums and others as projects and quests for knowledge take him.
- Self taught on a wide range of skills and readily goes beyond vendor knowledge
- Has a knack for finding and fixing security issues
- Makes strong use of packet analysis as a diagnostic tool.
- Numerous product certifications. Please ask for specifics if required.
- A background in engineering (Civil) with a scientific approach.
- View: I see that's the symptom, now let me get to what is behind it to find out what the issue really is.
- 15+ years Accounting experience.
- 15+ years Documentation, System Implementation, Instructional Design (course design), & Training.
- Has a love of figuring out software and passing on that knowledge.
- ITIL Foundation v.3
- Certificate in Instructing Adults
- Diploma in Accounting and Financial Management
- Documenting how something is or should be done
- Fundraising Certificate with Honours
- Favourite question: "Why?" She asks this question to gain
an understanding about a process to better guide someone through that
process whether in a class room or a document.
- Analyzing reports and logs for those odd issues.
Konecny Consulting can be found at various events in and around the GTA. If you would like to meet with us, check out where we will be.